5.09.2013

gold leaf

How gorgeous are these pieces of art from Natural Curiosities? They really are so amazing and so unique. I am particularly fond of these gold leaf pieces. Gold leafing really gives a piece so much warmth and depth rather than just flat gold paint. I can only imagine how amazing they are in person! I have two large canvases that I painted with layers and layers and layers of gold acrylic paint. I lived with them for some time but I just kept looking at them knowing that they needed something more. Well that something more was gold leaf! I covered each canvas completely with tiny sheets of gold leaf and the difference really is night and day. And now I am in love with them. Although, I am pretty fond of the Cartier Heart Strings piece below too! Have you ever tried gold leafing something?






XO Lily  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear what you have to say ! Thanks for leaving a comment...xo